Apply for the 2021-2022 Cohort
Powered by AYEDI x #RisingYouth
ACII Round 2 sign ups are now open! Complete the short sign up form by July 23, 2021 11:59pm EST. Programming begins in early August.
Do you have an idea for a project in the Afghan community but need financial support? Are you an inspired 15-30 year old ready to take action and create lasting change in the community?
Up to $1,500 in funding available per project
An exciting program that supports inspired Afghan youth with up to $1,500 in financial support to execute community service projects
About ACII Round 2
AYEDI is partnering with TakingITGlobal’s #RisingYouth Program for the second year in a row to launch the only Afghan-focused community impact incubator of its kind in Canada. The Afghan Community Impact Incubator (ACII) will provide Afghan youth-led participants with financial support to implement community service projects across Canada.
What You Get
- A program that offers you support with:
- Up to $1500 in #RisingYouth funding
- Project Ideation and design advice
- Grant writing and application support
- Project launch guidance and follow up support and guidance
- End of program project showcase
- A network of inspiring Afghans making change in the community
- One day mandatory training summit with workshops focusing on:
- Project continuation strategies – sustainability and scalability
- Leadership and building a successful team
- Outreach and social media marketing strategies, and more
- Mid/end of program networking event
- Access to ACIInet – community organizers database
- Invitation to join our ACII Whatsapp group and ACII Community Facebook group
- Feature your project on AYEDI’s blog
- Office hours with the AYEDI team for support, questions, and connecting
This year we are launching ACII earlier to ensure Afghan youth have more time to design and implement their projects. We will also be supporting applications on a rolling basis until the end of September.
Participants are guaranteed up to $1,500 each for their project.
How to Sign Up
- Attend our Instagram Live Q&A happening on Thursday, July 15 at 6:00pm-7:00pm EST. Details here
- Sign up for ACII Round 2 by July 23, 2021 at 11:59pm. Please note that for the sign up form, your project idea does not have to be perfect.
- Attend our mandatory summit to receive training and exposure to experts in order to develop your project and a strong application for the #RisingYouth grant
- Submit your #RisingYouth grant application through AYEDI’s unique link and receive up to $1,500 in funding
- The AYEDI recommended deadline to submit your #RisingYouth grant application through our unique link is September 30, 2021. AYEDI will continue to support applications until the end of October through our community referral link, on a rolling basis, based on availability of funds
- All projects must start and finish within 3 months of grant approval. The latest date you can complete your project by is January 2022
- Permanent residents, Canadian citizens, and youth with refugee status can apply
- Projects must be initiated and led by Afghans aged 15 to 30 years old anywhere in Canada
- Projects should integrate outreach to newcomer and/or refugee Afghans where possible
- Any informal or formal group of more than 1 Afghan youth can apply. You do not have to be an official group or a registered not-for-profit. It could be just you and a friend!
- If your project was supported by ACII before, you may sign up again.
- IMPORTANT NOTE FOR PAST ACII PARTICIPANTS: You cannot submit the same project idea or have the same project lead as before. If you have any questions about how you can modify your project idea or theme to suit this requirement, please get in touch with us.
Example Project Ideas and Eligible Budget Expenses
Still have questions? Check out our FAQs.
Thank you to our partners